Monday 7 June 2010

Grand Manner

Just managed to get hold of my very own 28mm Hartwell Tavern from Grand Manner and to be honest well worth every penny, what next? Well painting it! Now that's going to be fun!

One thing I have looked at is scaling it up for use with 40mm figures, to be honest it won't look out of place as a back drop for one of our games!

As for a demonstration game we failed to make Partizan with anything, I have issued an apology to the show organisers as there was some confusion over whether we were attending and they left out space on the day for us, unfortunately I was on my way back from Atlanta Georgia the previous day and was pretty wiped out by Saturday and just about hanging in there on the Sunday having thought we had cancelled.

So purchases of late have been the 28mm Hartwell Tavern on the terrain front and 50+ 40mm Continentals from  Trident Designs and their Eastern  "Mohawk" Indians, personally I like the Indians, very nice!! My oppo Mr "Tarleton" Stevens ordered some smugglers to mix in with his "Bunker Hill" Militia and also a firing line of Virginian Continentals and Riflemen.

Have to admit I really like Trident's Captain Parker figure, well worth $6.00USD.

Col. Tavington held off on purchasing anything of late owing to the current economic climate (so he say's), personally I think he is starting to get a bit tight in his old age as I am sure he is starting to squeak, those purse hinges will definately need oiling, however I believe he is saving his pennies up for some of the Front Rank 40mm Hessian's!!!

As a footnote, Trident and Front Rank 40's really work well together, the Militia really mix in...................

Redcoat 37th.

2 comments:

Tony said...

When will we see a painted Hartwell tavern?

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

Colonel Tavington said...

Tony,

I wouldn't expect it any time soon! Its still in the packaging Dave put it in at Partizan and I am heading out to the States followed by a trip to South Africa, that's July taken care of!

If you ask Dave I put some images of Boer War blockhouses on that disc I gave him! I am looking for a couple in 25mm!!??!!

Col.T